After a call this morning with the village of Shorewood, it became clear that my hopes of the playroom returning during phase 4 are just not going to be possible.
With social distancing guidelines still in place and the allowance of only certain businesses/parks/clubhouses/etc to reopen, our little playroom is stuck. Stuck in a spot where opening too soon could be a potential risk to our communities health and staying closed too long could mean it stays that way, permanently.
I want to keep it real here, this has personally been very difficult for me. I had put so much into ALRTP the first time around and now I’ve spent months trying to figure out a way to open back up, safely.
I’ve been sad, angry, and frustrated to tears. But also been reflective, grateful and humbled by the kindness of others. I’ve tried totally scrapping my original business plan, I’ve thought about day camp classes, community classes and private play dates.
Name it, I’ve thought about it.
But the truth is, those things are just not viable to sustain the business at this time.
No matter what, I am limited... it’s indoors, it’s small, it’s child oriented. And all guidelines must be followed to ensure safety.
So, I really don’t know what that means for the future. I miss the playroom and everyone that made it what it was. I wish this was a happier update, but I promise I will try my best to hold on. And to believe a time will eventually arrive that children can come back to play.
Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns about a credit you currently have. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the continued support and love from our community.